Buffalo Catholic Deaf Ministry
The Buffalo Catholic Deaf Ministry has moved to 14 Holy Helpers as their home parish. This ministry is devoted to serving the local WNY community of people with hearing difficulties and is led by their coordinator, Sister Conchetta. While the ministry has a long history in the Diocese of Buffalo we are very glad that they have recently decided to join our parish community. Until the Covid restrictions are eased to the point that we can consolidate our Masses back into the Church, you will see an interpreted Mass at 10:00 am on Sunday mornings in the Parish Hall. Be considerate of our deaf brothers and sisters as they are usually sitting on the left side in the front to have a better view of the sign language interpreter. More information is available on this site … Buffalo Catholic Deaf Ministry LINK.
Please welcome our new parishioners to 14 Holy Helpers!!
Reflections on the Scripture Readings for Sunday Masses
As a special resource for our parish, Fr. David has developed a series of podcasts which help us better understand the Sunday scripture readings during this Easter season. Fr. David started with the Passion and has continued on each week to the current time. While presenting a perspective on the readings he also provides us with techniques for gaining a better understanding. You can access these recordings from … Sunday Reflections LINK.
The podcasts and audio recordings on our website can be accessed and heard in several ways:
1. Listen on your PC, tablet, or smartphone … by accessing this website using the internet browser on your PC, tablet, or smartphone where you can simply click the podcast/audio file links to listen right then to the broadcast, or download for later listening.
2. Podcast app … for smartphones or tablets, you may have an app that let’s you download podcasts for playback.
Chapel up High
A Eucharistic chapel has been organized at 14 Holy Helpers to make it easy for you to be in the presence of our risen Lord while maintaining social distancing precautions. A consecrated Eucharist has been placed in a monstrance in the sun room on the second floor of the Rectory. This new chapel is available for you to stop by in the parking lot to spend a little time with Jesus and say a prayer in the privacy and safety of your car. This chapel will be lit for easy viewing so you may stop by the parking lot at any time during the day or night. There will be no inside access, so use your car, and PLEASE respect social distancing norms to help stop the spread of the virus.
The Shrine of Mary
The Shrine of Mary at the front entrance to our Church is also open for you to light a candle. When you stop by to visit our new chapel we invite you to also stop at this shrine to Mary and light a candle for your intentions.
Fr. David has set up a Prayer Line phone number … (716) 675-2592 … accessible 24 hours per day. He records a few prayers and gives us a few thoughts to help us deal with these difficult times. The prayers are periodically changed so call for the new prayer whenever you need to “pray with a friend”.
Continued Financial Support for the Parish is Needed
This period of time when we have been required to cancel public Masses and all parish events and services should certainly be considered one of the most difficult periods in the 156 year history of our parish. We have tried to maintain some level of services while making them available through social media and this website. Even through this time of decreased activity, a number of expenses continue to be incurred … utilities, insurance, maintenance, and payrolls to name a few.
Without public Masses and the weekend collections we have seen an almost complete stop to the revenues needed to sustain the parish. We need you to continue your financial support of 14 Holy Helpers. Several options are available to deliver your weekly or monthly donations to our parish:
- Drop off at the Rectory. Even though the staff is working remotely from their homes, please use a sealed envelope to drop off your donation at the slot to the right of the outer door at the entrance of front entry hall of the Rectory.
- Postal Mail. You can use the postal mail service to send in your donation. Use an envelope of your own or just add a stamp to the address flap of the regular donation envelopes which we have provided to parishioners.
- Electronic Donation. Two options are available for electronically providing donations to 14 Holy Helpers parish. Both provide the ability for one time donations as well as setting up recurring donations for your convenience. They can be found near the bottom of the far right column on our Home Page
- On-Line Giving (Vanco): This service allows you to provide one time or recurring donation payments using either a credit/debit card or automatic withdrawals from a checking or savings account.
- PayPal: This service also allows you to provide electronic donations to our parish. If you are a PayPal member you can submit the donation from your PayPal account and even set up automatic monthly recurring donations. Non-members may still submit one-time donations through PayPal using their credit/debit card.
While challenged with the need to maintain social distancing we are trying to continue to provide you with the services you need to sustain our faith. Your continued financial support is so important to sustain our parish during these difficult times. Of course as always, our willingness to support you is never dependent on your ability to provide financial donations or the level of those donations. Let us know how we can help you.
Support those who Support Us
We have been blessed to enjoy the support of our local business community over the past year. They have provided our parish, and the events and services we produce, with money, products, and services donations. Through their generous donations we have been able to generate needed revenue to work toward our mission and serve the local community.
Due to the recent coronavirus health crisis, many businesses have been forced to either temporarily close or operate in a restricted environment. Even those not as directly impacted have had to operate in a new world of social distancing, working environment cleansings, or managing a remote work force. Our supporting businesses stood up to help 14 Holy Helpers when we called … Businesses that Support 14 Holy Helpers LINK. Please consider supporting them with your patronage when you are in need of the goods or services that they provide to the community. Thank them and let them know that 14 Holy Helpers appreciates their support.
On-line giving to 14 Holy Helpers is processed through a program managed by Vanco Payment Solutions. Vanco is a large on-line payment processor for faith based organizations and is used by a number of parishes in the Diocese of Buffalo. As a PCI Level 1 compliant service provider they are dedicated to protecting the security and privacy of our donors.
Making your payments on-line is easy. You can access our on-line system by clicking the blue Offering button found in the right hand column of our Home Page (see button below). You have the option to set up a donor profile to save your information for multiple donations … or make a one time donation without setting up a profile. Donations can be made via credit card or ACH withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
The system is available now. Call the Parish Business Manager, Rick Donovan, at the Rectory (716) 674-2374 with any questions.
We have started to collect the history of our parish life through photographs. If you have any pictures that you would like to share with us please contact our Webteam. Our current collection can be seen at the following link … 14 HH Pictorial.
Parish E-Mail List Sign up for the Parish Email List. Through our emails you’ll get information and reminders about parish news and life delivered right to your in-box. You can subscribe at the following link … Subscribe