Road to Renewal
At recent weekend Masses Fr. David mentioned the imminent involvement of Fourteen Holy Helpers in the Diocesan Road to Renewal program. Please keep these points in mind:
· We are part of Family 7. Family 7 is made up of Fourteen Holy Helpers, Queen of Heaven, St. Gabriel, St. John XXIII, and St. John Vianney. Our family has been moved from phase 3 to phase 1. The planning of the family coming together begins this November 1st. After six months of planning, we will begin the implementation of the plan on May 1, 2023.
· It is very important that we do our best to remain Christ centered and pray constantly to God to send the Holy Spirit to guide all those who will be meeting and making decisions.
· Watch the bulletin and the parish website for updates.
· There are many rumors going around. Please, do not listen to them. Make an act of faith similar to “I know God will see us through whatever changes are coming.”
· As you remember God is working among and through us, stay calm.
· There will be boxes in the Church for your comments starting in mid-October.
· Direct all comments and questions to Fr. David, either directly or through the rectory. He will be open and honest with you at all times, so please trust him.
· The programs and activities that we have planned for the Fall, like the Bible Study, retreat, and small groups, are still going to happen.
Worldwide Catholic Synod
These results have been shared with Bishop Mike and Diocesan Leadership for their use in guiding our Diocese. Bishop Mike has expressed his hope that Synodal practices will continue in our Diocese. That report along with other supporting materials is now available for you to read at www.buffalodiocese.org/synod.
What do you think about the future of our Church?
Pope Francis requested that the worldwide Church hold Listening Sessions in each Diocese. Here in Buffalo over 800
people participated in 35 Sessions. During the last 5 months the Synod team from our Diocese conducted 35 Listening Sessions and created a 10-page report which was submitted to the USCCB.
Reports from Dioceses across the country will be combined and submitted to Rome for use in the Synod of Bishops in 2023. They will develop a document for our worldwide Catholic Church. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide our Synodal journey.
Chapel up High
A Eucharistic chapel has been organized at 14 Holy Helpers to make it easy for you to be in the presence of our risen Lord while maintaining social distancing precautions. A consecrated Eucharist has been placed in a monstrance in the sun room on the second floor of the Rectory. This new chapel is available for you to stop by in the parking lot to spend a little time with Jesus and say a prayer in the privacy and safety of your car. This chapel will be lit for easy viewing so you may stop by the parking lot at any time during the day or night. There will be no inside access, so use your car, and PLEASE respect social distancing norms to help stop the spread of the virus.
Fr. David has set up a Prayer Line phone number … (716) 675-2592 … accessible 24 hours per day. He records a few prayers and gives us a few thoughts to help us deal with these difficult times. The prayers are periodically changed so call for the new prayer whenever you need to “pray with a friend”.
Support those who Support Us
We have been blessed to enjoy the support of our local business community over the past year. They have provided our parish, and the events and services we produce, with money, products, and services donations. Through their generous donations we have been able to generate needed revenue to work toward our mission and serve the local community.
Due to the recent coronavirus health crisis, many businesses have been forced to either temporarily close or operate in a restricted environment. Even those not as directly impacted have had to operate in a new world of social distancing, working environment cleansings, or managing a remote work force. Our supporting businesses stood up to help 14 Holy Helpers when we called … Businesses that Support 14 Holy Helpers LINK. Please consider supporting them with your patronage when you are in need of the goods or services that they provide to the community. Thank them and let them know that 14 Holy Helpers appreciates their support.
On-line giving to 14 Holy Helpers is processed through a program managed by Vanco Payment Solutions. Vanco is a large on-line payment processor for faith based organizations and is used by a number of parishes in the Diocese of Buffalo. As a PCI Level 1 compliant service provider they are dedicated to protecting the security and privacy of our donors.
Making your payments on-line is easy. You can access our on-line system by clicking the blue Offering button found in the right hand column of our Home Page (see button below). You have the option to set up a donor profile to save your information for multiple donations … or make a one time donation without setting up a profile. Donations can be made via credit card or ACH withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
The system is available now. Call the Parish Business Manager, Rick Donovan, at the Rectory (716) 674-2374 with any questions.
We have started to collect the history of our parish life through photographs. If you have any pictures that you would like to share with us please contact our Webteam. Our current collection can be seen at the following link … 14 HH Pictorial.
Parish E-Mail List Sign up for the Parish Email List. Through our emails you’ll get information and reminders about parish news and life delivered right to your in-box. You can subscribe at the following link … Subscribe