14 Holy Helpers Summerfest … The best celebration in West Seneca this August!
The 11th edition of our 14 Holy Helpers Summerfest is planned to run from Thursday, Aug. 4 through Sunday, Aug. 7. SAVE THE DATES. Start off Thursday with a Meat Raffle in the comfort of our air conditioned Parish Hall. Friday brings the fabulous Nerds Gone Wild band to our entertainment tent followed on Saturday by a WNY favorite, Hit N’ Run. Sunday will start off with our Polka Mass at Noon inside our air-conditioned church with music provided by the Buffalo Touch polka band. After Mass, the Buffalo Touch will be playing in the beer tent through the afternoon.
*** Summerfest Hours ***
Thursday … Aug. 4 … 6:00 – 10:00 pm
Friday ……. Aug. 5 … 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Saturday … Aug. 6 … 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Sunday ….. Aug. 7 … 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Grillin’ & Chillin’ MEAT RAFFLE
On Thursday, Aug. 4 we’ll kick off Summerfest 2022 with our Grillin’ & Chillin’ Meat Raffle. NOT VIRTUAL … NOT ZOOM … Live and in-person in our air-conditioned Parish Hall. We are bringing you the old style meat raffle … party and win with your family and friends, your admission ticket will include beverages (beer, pop, and water), popcorn, and the chance to stock your freezer! We’ll open the doors at 6:00 pm with the first spin starting at 7:00 pm. There’ll be 12 rounds of with prizes of various meat products including steaks, chops, sausage, and did someone say seafood? We’re adding a super 13th round at the end and everyone with an admission ticket gets a chance at our door prize of a fire pit.
Meat Raffle Admissions:
1. Individual Admission ticket … only $10 if you purchase by 8/03/2022, or $15 after that and at the door.
2. Reserved Table of 8 … only $70 for 8 tickets if you purchase by 8/03/2022, or $120 after that. You must make your table reservation and purchase all tickets at one time. No combining individual ticket purchases as a table reservation.
*** Note … we’ve extended the Meat Raffle Admissions sales prices through August 3 ***
We’re going to provide you with popcorn at the raffle. You are also welcome to bring in food snacks for you and your friends to enjoy during the meat raffle. Additionally, you can order a large cheese and pepperoni pizza for your enjoyment. They need to be ordered and purchased online in advance of the event.
Want to come but you need to entertain the kids? Bring them to the Movie at 14 Holy Helpers. We’re screening a family friendly movie outdoors under our Entertainment Tent. Details below.
You cannot afford to wait with savings of $5 on Individual Admissions and $50 on table reservations for the Meat Raffle. *** NOTE: Online pre-sales have closed. Contact Ginny at 716-512-3221 or summerfest @14hh.org or come to the door on Aug. 4 starting at 6pm for your entrance ticket.
The food that we have this year is FANTASTIC. Special dinners: Friday – Homemade BBQ Hamburgers, Saturday – Chicken Parmigiana Dinner including a crispy breaded chicken cutlet presented in a blanket of melted mozzarella cheese accompanied by a tomato marinara sauce with penne pasta and an Italian chef salad, Sunday – our famous Polish Platter dinner which sells out every year … best in WNY, thousands of satisfied appetites have told us so. In addition to dinners we’ll have traditional burgers, hot dogs, or sausage with french fries. Fried dough and fried twinkies, candy bars, and oreos along with a full sale on Sunday of homemade pastry and baked goods will satisfy any sweet tooth. You will not find a better, more rounded offering of food at a church festival anywhere else in WNY.
BBQ Hamburger Dinner … available Friday, Aug. 5 from 5 – 8 pm for $10 per dinner or until Sold Out:
- An All-American BBQ Hamburger is grilled and then braised in a tomato based sauce. The sauce is our signature BBQ burger sauce. It starts with tomato sauce as a base and then combines in a unique blend of BBQ seasonings and ingredients to bring back memories of family dinners and picnics. The burger is served with the sauce on a Costanzo roll.
- Seasoned and roasted potato wedges
- Corn on the Cob with butter
Chicken Parmigiana Dinner … available Saturday, Aug. 6 from 5 – 8 pm for $13 per dinner or until Sold Out:
- Chicken Parmigiana … tender chicken breast cutlet is seasoned, breaded, and fried to achieve a crisp exterior crust. We’ll coat it in a blanket of melted mozzarella cheese for that perfect taste in your mouth with each bite.
- Penne pasta covered with a rich marinara sauce
- Italian style chef salad
Polish Platter Dinner … available Sunday, Aug. 7 from 1 – 4 pm for $15 per dinner or until Sold Out:
- ONE Golumbki … stuffed cabbage roll with sauce
- TWO pieces Polish Sausage … one piece smoked, one piece fresh
- TWO Pierogi … one cheese pierogi, one sauerkraut pierogi
- Kapusta … sweet and sour cabbage
- Slice of Rye Bread with Butter
Online dinner sales have closed. Come to the Hall to purchase your dinner tickets. They will be available until closing of dinner service or until they are sold out..
We bring you an exciting array of theme baskets each year. This year we have over 175 baskets and still counting so that everyone will find something that they will want to take home. Come to the Hall to purchase your theme basket tickets.
Willabee & Ward Charming Year Bracelets – 12 charm bracelets, one for every month of the year! From January to December, there’s a beautiful bracelet in store just for you! You’ll have a “spooktacular” time wearing the October bracelet, featuring exquisitely crafted pumpkins and ghosts. The February bracelet will warm your heart with its bright red hearts and a “Be My Valentine” charm. From Saint Patrick’s Day to Christmas, and many more, there’s a perfect charm bracelet for every month to complement any outfit throughout the year. Each 8″ bracelet features approximately 15 individually themed charms in brilliant colors. All the bracelets are beautifully displayed in a wooden case with a glass cover. Valued at over $400.
Tickets are 1 for $5 or 3 for $10. Purchase your tickets at the Parish Hall.
… Movie Night. On Thursday, Aug. 4 we’ll be screening a family friendly movie outside under our Entertainment Tent. We’re planning on starting the movie at 7:00 pm. We’ll provide some popcorn … please bring your own drinks. Also, bring your own chairs and blankets. There is no charge to watch this movie. Everyone is welcome. FREE!! *** NOTE. Due to the weather forecast of thunderstorms and wind on Thursday evening we are moving the Famil Movie night to our School Cafeteria. Your safety was the primary consideration for this decision ***
… Chalkwalk — Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Contest. Theme is “Day at the Beach”. You’ll have 8 hours on Saturday to work on your drawing. Judging/voting will be on Sunday. Prizes in multiple categories. Small entry fee of $15 to cover the prizes. For more info or to enter just call Ginny at 716-512-3221 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
… KIDZ Zone. Games and activities oriented to the young children. Fun and prizes. No cost to participate. FREE.
Parking … be careful, be respectful. Parking at events is always an issue and a concern. The lot on the grounds at 14HH will be very limited with a priority on handicapped and aged access.
Options: 1. West Seneca Town Garage lot on South St. at Union (golf cart shuttle at the entrance to 14HH grounds from South St.).
2. Burchfield Arts Center/Park and WNYFCU are across Union (cross with the light at Indian Church Rd., after hours only at WNYFCU),
3. Adjoining streets like Indian Church Rd. or South St. (don’t park on neighbors’ lawns or block driveways)
4. Union Fire Hall at Seneca Creek and Union Rd. has previously allowed our patrons to park in their lot. Only park in designated areas at the back and sides of their lot. We DO NOT recommend parking by the fire hall or the access and egress lanes to it. Access will be needed by firefighters and first responders in the event of an emergency in the area. Be respectful of that need for these first responders.
Summerfest is an important fund raising event for our parish. The funds generated during Summerfest are used to maintain the grounds and facilities on our parish campus, as well as, support parish daily operations and the spiritual and social programs we offer to everyone. You can stand up and show your financial support for 14 Holy Helpers by becoming a Sponsor for Summerfest. For $100 your sponsorship to Summerfest will be recognized on our website and declared with a sign at Summerfest.
To become a Summerfest Sponsor:
1. Submit you sponsorship donation to … Summerfest Sponsorship LINK
2. Contact Ginny at (716)512-3221 or email email@example.com to work with the Summerfest Committee on the location and exact wording for your sign.
You know that this event cannot be possible without the involvement and support of our entire parish family. WE NEED YOU to volunteer your time and talents before the event in preparations, during the event, and afterward in closing activities. Hopefully you will consider volunteering for multiple jobs.
You can sign up for volunteer time slots online. To see what we need and to actually sign-up, we are providing an on-line process. Once you select a slot and submit your selection you can include any comments that you want to pass along. You will have a chance to enter your email if you want a reminder notification. We will ask for a contact phone number. Let us know if you have any special considerations/needs for volunteering. We’ll work with you to find a job that you can do. Sign up here … Volunteer Signup LINK.
Do you have a question that needs an answer now? If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions about volunteering you can contact Ginny (716) 512-3221 or Tom (716) 449-1143 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pass this information along to family, friends … even strangers on the street. We need the help and welcome everyone’s support.