The Way of Light
From the Desk of Father David
Dear Friends in Christ,
As we continue to journey through the Easter Season, I would like you to consider coming to the Stations of Light. These are also called the Way of Light. The fourteen Stations of Light focus on Resurrection of Jesus to the out pouring of the Holy Spirit. These Stations along with the Stations of the Cross express the entire Paschal Mystery, the Death and Resurrection of Jesus. It is through His death and Resurrection we are are saved. We will be celebrating the Stations of Light on the next three Fridays, starting April 28th at 7 pm. For many this will be a new way of experiencing Jesus through the Resurrection Scriptures and an excellent way of preparing for the Feast of Pentecost. Please make time to attend at least one of these celebrations. The April 28th celebration of Stations of Light will be live streamed.
I also want to suggest that you pray with Sunday’s Gospel, the Emmaus Story, Luke 24:13-35, using the Divine Reading method. The way you do it is by:
1. Find the passage in your bible or on an electronic dive. The readings can be found at www.Bible.usccb.org. Then ask God to help you hear His voice.
2. Start reading the passage and at the same time listen to what God is saying to you with the way you are reacting to the reading.
3. When this happens stop reading and respond to Jesus.
4. When finished speaking, rest in silence with God for a few minutes. If time permits return back to the passage.
5. At the very end of your prayer time, thank Jesus for being with you and take a word or phrase to carry with you for the day.
Loving Lord Jesus help us to experience You in and exciting ways. Please help us also to grow closer to You and to each other this Easter Season.
In Christ’s peace,