Covid Rules for Masses
Public Masses have resumed at 14 Holy Helpers. To maintain public safety and limit the spread of the virus, we have instituted a number of measures in concert with guidelines from governmental agencies and the Diocese of Buffalo.
- Mass Schedule: the weekend Mass schedule has changed to Saturday at 4:30 pm in the Parish Hall, Sunday at 8:00 am and 10 am in both the Church and Parish Hall, and 12 pm in the Church. Please check this website weekly as the times and locations of the Masses are subject to change. The weekday Mass schedule will remain the same with Mass only in the Church.
- Mass Attendance Capacity: to accommodate social distancing we are required to limit the on-site attendance at Masses to 25% of the location capacity. Weekend Masses will be limited on a first-come basis. You may select the location you prefer until it has reached capacity.
- Changes in Mass procedures:
- Only Communion by Host will be available with distribution only to your hand.
- No missals will be distributed in Church.
- Singing by the musician and cantor only.
- Offertory collection should be dropped in baskets available at the entrances.
- No physical contact during the Sign of Peace
- Safety Procedures:
- Masks will be required to be worn by everyone over the age of 2 years.
- Cooperate with volunteers who will be available at the weekend Masses to greet and seat you.
- People will be called by row for Communion and to leave the Church.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances for your use.
- For the Church, only handicapped people should use the side entrance. All others use the main entrance.
More details are available in a flyer that was mailed to parishioners on June 16. That flyer is also available here … ReOpening Public Mass flyer LINK.
Please note– the dispensation from Sunday Mass is still in effect. If you are sick, have any symptom of COVID-19 or are uncomfortable returning at this time-please stay home. We will continue to live stream a Mass every Sunday at 10:00 am. The live stream Mass will be available for viewing at any time afterward. Audio recordings of Masses are also available for your use through our website.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we implement the guidelines from the Diocese and local government. Please know that this is a fluid situation and we are open to suggestions for a smooth transition to public worship.